Sunday 11 April 2010

Seven things you might not know about me...


I was tagged for this Kreativ Blogger award by Dara over at Readily A Parent and was giddy as a kipper as I've never done one of these before. Now I feel like a true bona fide blogger. Hurray!

In her post, in which she outs herself as a truly strange sort (!), Dara asked why Kreativ Blogger was spelt in this way. The librarian in me had to find out, so I had a quick look on t'internet. Apparently, the award started over at a Swedish blog called Husfruas Memoarer and the post with photographs of the making of the award is here. It is lovely to see it take shape.


Anyway, without further ado, as instructed, here are seven things you probably don't know about me...

1. In 2002 the lead singer with The Strokes, Julian Casablancas and I had eye-sex as he wandered through the crowd under an umbrella at the Leeds Festival.

2. I paraglided off the top of a 6500 foot mountain at the age of 22 whilst on holiday in Turkey. It was utterly amazing and the single most daring thing I have ever done in my life. I admit jumping off the mountain was less scary than the prospect of driving back down it again. Those hairpin bends...

3. When I was ten, I used to get up at 6 o'clock every morning and dance to Wham!'s Make It Big album, before settling down to watch Open University programmes and wait for the newspaper to come through the letterbox. I was scared of the OU music and used to watch it with the sound turned down.

4. I have a secret passion for al fresco lovin'...

5. I have visited three dentists over the course of my life. Two of them died in tragic circumstances - just sayin'....

6. I was extremely nervous about swearing like a trooper during giving birth to little O back in 2004. Sadly, the most shameful thing that I uttered during my contractions according to my sister was 'jeepers'. WTF?

7. I can write forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left at the same time. What is strange about it - I cannot remember how I found out I could.

And now I must tag seven other bloggers who I would like to give this award to. I choose the following bloggers whom I like to visit:

Mrs Worthington over at 2 teens a dog and me
Suzanne over at skyblueseaskybluesea
Miss Leslieanne at Kooky Boutique
Laura at Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? 
CateP at I'll Think of A Title Later
Miss Searles at MissSearles
Geriatric Mummy at Musings of a Geriatric Mummy 

The rules of the award are these:
  1. Copy the award to your blog
  2. Insert a link to the person who nominated you
  3. Tell us seven things about yourself that you haven't told us before
  4. Nominate seven other bloggers for the award
  5. Link to their blogs
  6. Tell the nominees about their award
Away you go, my fellow bloggers...


    9 comments:

    1. Ha ha - very good list. Thanks for passing it on but I have already done it,so you might want to revise your list. Jeepers!

      ReplyDelete
    2. LOL, excellent list. Like you, I was really looking forward for an excuse for a good swearing outburst with chilbirth (I'm normally fairly reserved and ladylike), but all I managed was "oh crap". It disappointed my husband no end!

      ReplyDelete
    3. now I understand the award comment you made on my blog. I love the title of your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    4. The Dotterel - I don't know what you're saying about number 3. Surely we've all been there with the Make it Big and the OU? Is it just me?

      Jeepers, Suzanne! Double tagging for you!

      JulieB - 'oh crap'. That is sooo restrained. I cannot believe how ludicrously well-behaved I was. Birth is surely a time when the most epic swearing should be mandatory?

      Mrs Worthington - thank you! I am glad you said that - I chose it in a twinkle and then wasn't so sure. Look forward to reading your seven things...

      ReplyDelete
    5. Let's just say I wouldn't agree to be your dentist!

      Congrats on your award!

      P xox

      ReplyDelete
    6. I forget what I said. I know I was laughed at for being incredibly polite. My friend and the nurses had a good giggle that I kept asking for "this to end, please!" and said thank you for every little thing!
      About that eye sex thing, you'll want to watch out on that - could catch pinkeye or cataracts you know!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for the Tag!
      Will be posting it tomorrow :-)
      x

      ReplyDelete
    8. Paula - I swear it wasn't me who did for the dentists...

      Dara - Another polite birther! As for Casablancas, I was not wearing glasses at the time, so I may have been in danger. *advocates safe eye-sex at all times*

      MissSearles - looking forward to reading!

      ReplyDelete