I was tagged for this Kreativ Blogger award by Dara over at Readily A Parent and was giddy as a kipper as I've never done one of these before. Now I feel like a true bona fide blogger. Hurray!
In her post, in which she outs herself as a truly strange sort (!), Dara asked why Kreativ Blogger was spelt in this way. The librarian in me had to find out, so I had a quick look on t'internet. Apparently, the award started over at a Swedish blog called Husfruas Memoarer and the post with photographs of the making of the award is here. It is lovely to see it take shape.
Anyway, without further ado, as instructed, here are seven things you probably don't know about me...
1. In 2002 the lead singer with The Strokes, Julian Casablancas and I had eye-sex as he wandered through the crowd under an umbrella at the Leeds Festival.
2. I paraglided off the top of a 6500 foot mountain at the age of 22 whilst on holiday in Turkey. It was utterly amazing and the single most daring thing I have ever done in my life. I admit jumping off the mountain was less scary than the prospect of driving back down it again. Those hairpin bends...
3. When I was ten, I used to get up at 6 o'clock every morning and dance to Wham!'s Make It Big album, before settling down to watch Open University programmes and wait for the newspaper to come through the letterbox. I was scared of the OU music and used to watch it with the sound turned down.
4. I have a secret passion for al fresco lovin'...
5. I have visited three dentists over the course of my life. Two of them died in tragic circumstances - just sayin'....
6. I was extremely nervous about swearing like a trooper during giving birth to little O back in 2004. Sadly, the most shameful thing that I uttered during my contractions according to my sister was 'jeepers'. WTF?
7. I can write forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left at the same time. What is strange about it - I cannot remember how I found out I could.
And now I must tag seven other bloggers who I would like to give this award to. I choose the following bloggers whom I like to visit:
Mrs Worthington over at 2 teens a dog and me
Suzanne over at skyblueseaskybluesea
Miss Leslieanne at Kooky Boutique
Laura at Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy?
CateP at I'll Think of A Title Later
Miss Searles at MissSearles
Geriatric Mummy at Musings of a Geriatric Mummy
The rules of the award are these:
- Copy the award to your blog
- Insert a link to the person who nominated you
- Tell us seven things about yourself that you haven't told us before
- Nominate seven other bloggers for the award
- Link to their blogs
- Tell the nominees about their award