Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Gallery - Tree elf

It's Week 50 of the Gallery and the theme this week is trees. Tara over at Sticky Fingers loves trees with a passion.

I share this love. Some of my happiest memories are of walks in the woods with M - long, lazy walks just enjoying the silence under the leafy canopy. We take O on these walks now and I'm hoping he too will grow to love trees as much as I do.

Growing up in Halifax, we were lucky to have the most wonderful woods as our playground. There were rocks and gnarled old oaks and we had the freedom to roam free. It was a magical place - away from the strictures of parents and prying eyes. We could let our imaginations run riot - I remember one alarming incident with a burning candle and a large dry pile of leaves. Thank goodness parents didn't know what we were up to. This fills my parental heart with trepidation - what on earth will O get up to when his independence grows?!

I can't wait for the trees to burst out into greenery and blossom this year. Winter has seemed so long this year - it will be a relief to wave goodbye to it.

My photo for the Gallery this week celebrates the joy to be had in the woods - a little bit of tree-hugging if you like, by my very own little tree elf.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

  1. This looks very much like my daughter's favourite activity - playing hide and seek in the park or the woods! Or anywhere else for that matter - she insistes on playing it in the garden, even though it's tiny and there's NOWHERE TO HIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word, I also spent a lot of my childhood roaming the woods far from any adult supervision and a great photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a cute tree elf too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo :) Super cute little tree hugger you've got there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lets have a tree love in. Nice shot of O

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheeky shot, lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a little tree hugger! Lovely photo of a lovely little elf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE trees too! Long live Tree HUgging!

    ReplyDelete